Thursday, August 24, 2006

One Word: Hot!

This is well lets just call him Andy the A/C unit. Right now he is the best friend anyone could have especially in Texas. We are majorly dealing with drought and I feel like I am living in AZ. Actually I wish that I was, but you get the vision I am giving you it is DANG hot here in San Antonio right now.


This really isn't a complain session, but warning it may appear to be. Just a week ago we fixed our lovely garage door. Happy that it is working and the cars are now happy in their "home" out of the sun. Anyways, they say (don't really know who they are) but bad things seem to come in threes. At least for our family they have. I won't bore you with our list of threes that we have gone through in the past, but you get the picture. I am knocking on wood while writing this, but Doug's car really is on its last leg and we pray that it keeps going for just 21 more months. I am thankful each day he gets home in one piece (you should hear the sound of his car).

Last night I awoke from what I would call a pretty good sleep to a terrible whistling, cranky noise. I knew exactly the cause right when I heard it because our air unit is right next to our bedroom window. Doug was on call last night (although he probably wouldn't have heard it anyway) Men....Okay so I have dog hearing and smell senses. At least according to Doug and can see and smell things miles away.

I will have to admit I panicked a little because I have had air conditioning go out on us before in the middle of the night with our two older kids in New Orleans. Not Fun!! So, I could only invision 2 more kids added to the mix with our heat wave going on... I have had to crank it a little lower than normal lately just to cool it down. This happened to us a couple of summers ago when it was hot like it is now. The humidity and several days HOT heat just aren't a good combination for an air conditioning unit. I immediately (4am) mind you got up and began researching A/C units and the possible things that could be wrong with my noise. I found a couple of things, but nothing I could do myself. I really am all about fixing things ourselves these days if possible with $$$ and all. I got a hold of a guy who has come out before and he said he could come look at it around 5 pm or so today. I described to him the problem and he say with a BIG pause Ohh it sounds like the motor. Great I thought that is the most expensive part. We had to replace our washer a little while back due to the motor. So wish me luck and I am crossing my fingers he can jimmy rig, oil it, kiss it or do what ever to keep it running. I keep telling my self two more years. Maybe I should bless the house each day too. This is when I miss the days of renting. It's there problem not YOURS. Enough said about the air.

Despite the pit that is in my stomach right now, I have actually had a pleasant day. I went to playgroup with my boys at the park. Our ward has one each week and I am so glad I went. I miss those playgroups we had so often in New Orleans. The bonus is, you can also talk to other moms as well. When we were sitting around chit chatting I found out that three families within the last month whose air has gone out in our ward. I think I have jinxed myself!


Hey at least the house is quiet....except for the whistling noise in the back ground! Cross your fingers for me that Javier the A/C man can work his magic.