Friday, August 25, 2006

Update


I think Weston partied to hard last night because
he never falls asleep on our morning walks.


Last night about 5:30pm I went outside because our unit was gradually getting louder and sounded horrible. Right then and there it just QUIT. So we were without air at the hotest part of the day. I had already started making some homemade cinnamon rolls for the orthopedic bake sale that I volunteered to help out with and wasn't about to cook them in my oven. So, of course our great friends as ALWAYS came to the rescue. We fed our kids at home, bathed them and decided to go to Wal-mart to pick up some fans. We really had all intentions of staying here last night and enduring it. After just a tiny bit of persuasion and cooking my rolls down at Angie's I decided to lug our crew on down to there house to sleep. I can't express the graditude for bunking us up! I really hated to inconvience them because if you have read her sleepless post you would know what I mean. Luckily, her kids were asleep when we arrived and Taylor and Jared slept in Mackenzi's room as well as Weston. Yes, 4 kids in one room! Pretty crazy. Thank goodness Angie has a couch in her bedroom that Maci slept on and Luke slept out with us on the pull out couch. Sheesh! All I can say is we owe them big time!! They are always saving us in desperate measures and have treated us as family. We have had our fair share of car problems, airport shuttles, etc. Anyways thank you-thank you thank-you Gordon's. I honestly don't know what we would do without them 4 houses down.

I got the mail last night after this lovely experience took place and was happy to get some more good mail. Sweet Tasha sent Taylor and I a package for our birthday. She got me some personalized notecards and Taylor some fancy lip glosses. Very cute and fun. So thank you for being so thoughtful as always. I don't think Tasha has EVER missed my birthday. She is amazing!

We also got the information for Taylor's book club. My friend Chanel thought it would be fun to start a kid book club. What a fabulous idea! So basically, Taylor has to pick a book she has read, put her picture, and a summary of it in the cover and mail it off to her assigned person. How fun is that? It's a penpal/book club all in one. These are times when I miss my creative Chanel living next door. Her ideas are so great!



In the meantime, we learned last night that we aren't going to be able to replace the motor due to the compressor going out. We have to replace the ENTIRE unit and he won't be able to come out until 6pm today. Sooo bummed. I think Angie and I are loading up the kids and having a day out somewhere. Who knows where but not in my house!